Olivia's Adorable Sleeping Room Inward Southern Sweden

As a mamma behave to 3 (two daughters in addition to a bonus son!) I'm oft on Pinterest looking for inspiration for children's bedrooms. That's why I was so excited to discovery my friend, interior designer Genevieve Jorn was re-doing her miss Olivia's bedchamber (everything Gen does turns to aureate in addition to so I knew it was going to hold out beautiful!). I've got to know Olivia through the diverse photoshoots we've had over at Gen's place in addition to she is ane of the cutest 4-year-old's I know - non to yell a swell photograph shoot assistant, offering us 'pancakes' from her makeshift kitchen whenever we're depression on energy! She's in addition to so funny! These days, she's also ane of the luckiest 4-year-olds I know, her novel bedchamber is sooooo lovely! I couldn't resist heading into the centre of Malmö amongst my photographic boob tube camera in addition to a notepad to grill Gen on the details!

Profile
Owner: Olivia
Age: turning 5
Room size: 25 m2 (269 f2)
Favourite pastimes: loves to read, describe in addition to run her ain restaurant

What was your over all aim amongst the bedroom?
I wanted to drib dead along a similar agency to the rest of the home but also wanted to give her a fun in addition to inspiring room. I've been working on the children's department of the IKEA catalogue this twelvemonth in addition to was thus actually inspired when I decided to redo her room. I went for a soft pinkish wall color (code NCS S1005-Y70R) in addition to picked a bolder night cherry accent (code NCS S6030-T90R) to give a niggling punch to the room - which was greatly needed inward such a large space! I also used a Kelim rug every bit a footing for the color scheme.

What are the challenges when it comes to designing a large children's room? 
Admittedly, that is quite a luxury problem! Normally when I blueprint a room I unremarkably start amongst a color or a production that I desire to highlight. Something has to hold out the hero or focal point. In Olivia's room it was without doubtfulness her loft bed (Wood Collection Mini+ depression loft bed from Oliver Furniture), which turned out to hold out her favourite identify to sit down in addition to read. So I started from there. I painted a rectangular variety behind it. Then came the challenge of the ceiling lamp. I intend inward such a large room, it makes feel to larn for a large light to residual the proportions. So when I constitute the Big Dot lampshade from Afro Art I was actually pleased!



"Olivia loves to larn upward into her bunk in addition to wind herself inward her hand quilted blanket (from Camomile London) in addition to human activeness out her favourite characters from her books." 






What are the essentials to intend nearly when designing a children's room?
I estimate it's the same for all rooms: it has to hold out connected to it's inhabitant. I know that my miss loves to movement around. She tin ship away sit down really withal for a long fourth dimension creating stories or she tin ship away movement materials roughly in addition to hold out completely disorganised. So I wanted to create unlike areas that would back upward all her needs.

Children's Room Essentials
- Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 soft in addition to comfy identify to chill in addition to cool down
- Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 identify to play in addition to hold out creative
- Good lighting to back upward all needs
- An ergonomic identify to sit down in addition to create (with identify for to a greater extent than to bring together the party)
- Plenty of storage options (drawers are a swell agency to store things away quickly).
- Tactile textures to soften upward the infinite in addition to assist children experience cosy in addition to comfortable.



Did you lot mitt describe the kitchen?
Yes! I dear drawing in addition to sketching, it's an slow agency to add together personality to a room (for me at least!). It takes some fourth dimension but it's definitely worth the difficult work. Especially when it's for my niggling nugget!

Gen's 10 Step Guide to Creating a Wall Mural
1. Decide on the type of wall mural you lot would similar to create
2. Search Pinterest in addition to other sites for similar murals
3. Once you lot cause got an idea, sketch it onto A4 paper
4. Amend the sketch until you lot are happy amongst it
5. Draw it in ane lawsuit again to size on tracing newspaper using a pencil, brand certain the proportions are correct
6. Trace over the lines on the other side of the tracing newspaper amongst a pencil
7. Tape the tracing newspaper to the wall inward the exact seat you lot would similar the mural
8. Draw over the lines in ane lawsuit once again on the tracing newspaper amongst a pencil (this volition exit lines on the wall)
9. Remove the tracing newspaper from the wall
10. Draw over the lines on the wall amongst a sharpie / marking pen



What has turned out to hold out Olivia's favourite corner?
I would cause got to nation her bed! Whether it's the top bunk or the hidden infinite underneath. She loves to wind herself inward that cosy blanket too. She also loves the Upperlig bench. We oft abide by her sitting on the border of it drawing or making ane of her famous lists!





Thank you lot in addition to so much Gen in addition to Olivia for inviting me over, it was such a pleasance to catch you. And Olivia - the soup you lot made me was the best yet!

I set together a listing of all the items below (gifted items cause got been marked amongst a *) - give me a yell inward the comment department if I've missed anything, or you lot cause got whatever questions!

Get the look






1. Oliver Furniture Wood Collection Mini+ depression loft bed* 2. Amayadeeme, Paulina poster* 3. Large House Cushion* 4. Ochre Single / Twin Hand Quilted Blanket / Camomile london* 5. Ink Fitted Sheet* / Camomile London 6. Mini Check Duvet Cover inward Coral* 7. Rug past times Gur, Cararina Carreiras 8. Afro Art Big Dot Lampshade (L) 9. Ikea upperlig bench 10. Ferm Living Kelim Rug (large) 11. Ikea Ingo table painted inward Lady pure color Industrial Blue 12. Ikea Flisat stool 13. Ferm Living clothe rack 14. Ikea Nordli chest-of-drawers

***

Aaaaaa, such a lovely children's room, don't you lot think?

Is in that location anything you lot dear inward particular? I dear the antique wardrobe inward the corner - I wishing I had infinite for something similar this inward my children's bedrooms.

Just inward illustration you're curious, you lot tin ship away come across to a greater extent than pics for Gen's fabulous dwelling line of piece of employment solid here: kitchen, sitting room, bedroom in addition to office.

... in addition to to a greater extent than pretty children's bedrooms inward this archive (if this pops upward first, you lot know the drill - simply scroll passed!).

Have a lovely hateful solar daytime in addition to come across you lot Friday!

Niki